Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Special Thanks To A Stranger

I have a special thanks this morning to someone I don't know.

Late last night I got a flat tire while driving to work. I was in an area that was not very safe and it was dark.

After realizing I had a flat, I put on my caution lights and pulled over to the side of the road. In a panic I called my boyfriend, hoping he could come help me change the tire. He did not answer.
In all fairness he was probably already in bed but one would think three panic calls would wake him up. They did not.

I knew I could call AAA but experience would tell me, I would wait for about two hours. As I sat in my car and pondered what my next move would be. I saw a car slow in front of me and pull over.

Now I've seen all the horror stories, I work in the news afterall, I know how dangerous it can be accepting help from strangers. But he came over and asked if I needed help. He said he worked for the Transportation Safety Administration (TSA). I figured he was trustworthy enough and honestly I was pretty much out of options.

In about 20 minutes he had my tire changed and I was off on my way to work. I know he's probably never going to see this blog but if he does, I'm very very thankful for his help. I work in a business when a lot of times I see the worst of human nature, and although this could be considered a small favor, it is nice to know there are people out there who care.

Oh and I am going to make it my next project to learn how to change my own tire!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why hasn't anyone blogged recently?? Especially The Producer. I love reading his blogs. I got used to seeing atleast two a week.

You all have gone over a month without blogging. Have you forgotten about it? It shows slack on you all's part. Just thought I'd ask.

Thank You!

Anonymous said...

I my self would like to thank two of my neighbors for helping to catch a robber. The Robber broke into my home on October 7th along with 5 other homes here in Gastonia. Yesterday he was attempting to break into another home 3 houses up from me one of the neighbors saw this happening called the police and went in after him. As the robber attempted to leave this Hero shot his tires out and the other HERO chased him on his bike where he cought him the police arrested the man this is when we later found out that he had broken into 6 other houses. I have never in my whole life been and felt so violated This Coward stole part of me when he brok into my home. So A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY 2 HEROS. Thanks for catching this Coward!!
Thank You!!