Monday, November 5, 2007

I'm Sorry to Tell You, You've Been Eliminated from the Race...

I can not even BEGIN to tell you how excited I am this morning.

The Amazing Race 12 kicked off last night. That's right, the 5 time Emmy award winning Amazing Race.



Now, most of you don't know me, but I don't watch a lot of tv. In fact, I don't get up early to watch ANY show - except the Amazing Race. It's my version of Lenise's obsession with 24, or John's obsession with... I don't know - Bonanza or something. Oh, like golf! That's it!

I got hooked on the Race about five years ago, and have been watching it ever since. Thank goodness for the Game Show Network, I've been able to catch up on the ones I missed the first time around.

If you haven't seen it, and plan to - this is your warning...I'm about to spoil it!

So the 11 teams of 2 started in Los Angeles and flew out to Ireland.

Of course, you can see some of the backstabbing and attitudes right off the bat, and as they were introducing the contestants - you sort of get a feel if your going to like them or not.

Right away I made a snap judgement about who I thought was going to be eliminated - sorta. I picked two teams, one got first place (wrong) and the other was eliminated. Woot woot.

The eliminated: Ari & Staella - Best Friends from California.

Can I just say, Thank God! I remember when they got off the plane in Ireland, they stole a cab and Ari said "Karma is a b*tch, but so am I." When he said that, I remember thinking - please, please prove him right.

Thank you Karma!

There were lots of twists and turns, wrong ways and of course, yelling. It was so awesome! If you're looking for a complete recap, CBS has one.

And if I ever see this donkey again - its on!

No comments: