Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nightmare in the Lunchroom!

You know, I'm starting to feel REALLY old these days.

Why?

Because I've started using the "When I was in school, (fill in the blank)" a LOT lately. I'm starting to see what my parents were talking about, when I was in school myself.

Seems like schools are becoming more and more dangerous. If you aren't worrying about getting beat up (or shot), you have to worry about MRSA, tuberculosis and now tainted beef!

I'll be the first to admit that I always assumed cafeteria food was tainted, but that was just because of the taste.

Today, students in local schools are learning that they could have eaten tainted beef. This is all part of the 143 million pounds of beef being recalled...the largest beef recall - ever!

Charlotte Mecklenburg County Schools aren't the only ones though, 25 districts in North Carolina are affected. The local ones are Caldwell County, Cleveland County, Gaston County, Hickory Public Schools, and Rowan-Salisbury Schools.

The North Carolina Department of Agriculture released a full list.

You know, with all these problems, I can see how home schooling is becoming a more legitimate option for parents.

Dem der chillins might not get one of dem fancy edumcations, but hey, it's all good!

No comments: