Monday, February 4, 2008

The Super Bowl: From the Loser's Point of View

Super Bowl 42 lived up to the hype.

I mean, how could it not - no matter who won, it was a great game from the very making.

The Underdog vs. The Unbeaten Season.

I would have loved to have seen the Panthers in the game, but lets be honest - I think we all want to forget this season even existed.

When the Pats made it, I was VERY excited. But a 4th quarter touchdown pass from Giants QB Eli Manning to to Plexico Burress halted that excitement in mid-track.



Yup, thats the one.

So yeah, my Patriots didn't get the Super Bowl win, but let's not forget their achievements either. They may not have ended with the Perfect 19-0 season, but they still won one more game than the 1972 Dolphins who were 17-0. No other team has gone 18-1 since the new extended season. Now I know how fans of the 1968 Baltimore Colt felt.

But hey, its still HUGE.

Oh yeah, and congrats to the TRUE NY Giants fans.

I don't know why, but every year it surprises me how many fans come out of the woodwork when a team makes it to the Super Bowl game. Suddenly people you've never even heard talk about football are "life-long fans."

I'm going to quote most University of South Carolina football fans: "There's always next year!"

1 comment:

The Guy With the Camera said...

Yup and the Pats were just as bad sore losers as the Gamecocks are when the Tigers whooped them this year.