Monday, February 11, 2008

Clemson's Collapse: The UNC Debacle

So I guess this is the portion of the program where I eat my words.

I seem to do that a lot when it comes to my Clemson Tigers, but even still - I love them dearly.

Yes, I did make a comment about the Tigers following the UNC/Duke game, but I WAS very careful and didn't say they would win. Granted, that is a technicality...but whatever.

So yes...Clemson had a 15 point lead at one point, and blew it. At least we took the Heels into Double Overtime before they won 103-93.

Not the first time Clemson blew a lead, and surely not the last.

So congrats Tar Heel fans (especially you Brandon Tomlin!) on your 53-straight home wins over Clemson. You may not be number one in the polls, but hey - at least we were able to give you a NCAA record!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you can swallow your pride and post this. guess Clemson fans do actually have class

The Guy With the Camera said...

My problem with that game is why Oliver Purnell tried to run out the clock on a team that perfected burning clock decades ago. up 11 with 3 minutes left all we needed was to play defense, make stinkin' free throws, instead of burning clock... but who am I to say anything. The streak can't last forever... maybe my daughter will be alive to see it end. :-)