Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hope You're...

Doing well in fighting off this year's flu season! My gosh, I have never seen anything quite like it!! I had it a little more than a week ago from today but over the past several weeks I've watched a large amount of friends and colleagues around me go down with the flu!
Two weekends ago I took a trip to Buena Vista, Virginia for my little brother's high school wrestling tournament. It was just my dad, brother and me over the weekend. I came back Sunday, went to a Superbowl party and had the first symptoms by 2:30am Monday morning. My father checked in with his first symptoms Sunday evening. Somewhere along the way, we both caught it at the same time that weekend.

If you haven't caught it just yet (hopefully you do not), it resembles a bad cold. I had a fever around 100.5, hoarse vocals, occasional chills and heaviness in my chest. I never had a bad cough although there was the occasional cough and I had some sneezing but not a lot. If you catch it early enough, you can have your doctor prescribe Tamiflu but in my case, it was a little late in the game and my doctor's course of action was MusinexD with Ibprofen to control the fever. I also drank lots of fluids including green tea. My wife had a prescription of Tamiflu ready to roll in the event she displayed symptoms but thus far, she has missed this flu bug.

Keep this in mind if you or your loved ones display cold-like symptoms... it may be this flu strain. I did not have the flu shot this year but my father did which as you may have heard, does not cover this variety of flu. If you do catch it, plan on a solid 5 to 8 days of fighting it off... good luck to you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY SWEET, KEEP THE WIFE HAPPY SHE WILL KEEP YOU HAPPY

Chris Suchan said...

Umm... is this comment from my wife by some chance?! Hah-ha!! If not, you're one very smart person:)

Chris Suchan