Sunday, October 28, 2007

I Need a Fork and Salt...its Time to Eat My Words!

All I can say is "Wow!"

Before I even get started, just lemme say...this is the one time I don't mind being wrong. I've mentioned before that I'm a die-hard Clemson fan, and I - in no way - like University of South Carolina football.

With that said, last night during the UT vs USC game, I was blown away. The fact that UT got a 21 point lead and held it going into the half was just amazing - Colt Brennan did a great job.

But....with the Gamecocks having 5 turnovers, the Vols should have capitalized more. In fact, the first half was all Vols, but they let USC come back and take the lead in the second half. It took a last second field goal to tie it back up. The Gamecocks are a definite fourth quarter team.

The game should have never gone into overtime, at all.

So yes, I did say the Other Producer was crazy for thinking Tennessee would win. I still stand by that, because that was not the USC who played in the first six games of the season. I'm not sure who Steve Spurrier brought to Rocky Top, maybe it was Lou's old team...

No comments: