Saturday, October 27, 2007

Aye-aye Captain Conceited.. I mean, Kirk!

So the other day, Trent - our former Overnight Photographer, pointed out a part of this story to me.

The "crew" for the new Star Trek movie has been announced. Woot woot? I don't know, I'm not much of a Trekkie, but oh well. I didn't really care about this, until.....

"I couldn't believe it. I'm not in the movie at all. Leonard, God bless his heart, is in, but not me."

That's right, I knew William Shatner was NOT a part of the new movie, but who knew that he would be so sad about it.

In fact, Shatner went on to tell the Associated Press..."I thought, what a decision to make, since it obviously is a decision not to make use of the popularity I have to ensure the movie has good box office. It didn't seem to be a wise business decision."

WHAT?!?!?

When's the last time you heard anyone say "Oh wow, William Shatner's in that movie. Let's get in line early to make sure we get in!"

Ummm...yeah.

Beam me up Scottie, this is just getting weird!

By the way, if you care - TV Guide has a look at the new cast.

No comments: